Today is the first W.I.P. Wednesday of the month, that means it’s time to announce our March Stitch-Along and to get to know one of our fellow Wipsters a little better! Busy little post, here, people! Let’s start with our Wipster…
This month’s featured Wipster is the indefatigable Krys of Two Vegan Boys (I swear, this woman never sleeps! She’s got two very young sons, but is always up for cooking up a storm and crafting away! Wow!). I asked Krys if she would be our Wipster this month because she was the inspiration for my even hosting a Monthly Stitch-Along. We’re a global crafting community of “virtual” friends, and since actually getting together for a fun crafting night isn’t possible, this is our chance to craft and create ensemble. Krys suggested we try one, and our Love Bear Stitch-Along was a success. I’d love to keep this monthly crafty hang-out with you my Wipster friends…Thanks Krys!
Here’s a little about Krys, in her own words..
I have lived in Texas most of my life. I do not have a Southern accent. When we were in Scotland, people mistook us for being Canadian. I thought that was interesting. I had a very rough childhood, but came out of it a healthy, happy and loving person and learned from my so-called caretakers how not to raise children. I adore my husband and two boys. They are my world. My goal for my sons Arthur and Adam is to know that each morning they wake up that I love them more today than the day before. I value my friends they are my family and I am thankful to have them. I am inspired by my boys, mother nature and my fellow artisans. I love the outdoors, especially the beach. I love to craft. I am best at embroidery. I do a bit of sewing and I still suck at knitting. I am hoping to eventually conquer it, but I am not going to hold my breath. I love the blogging world and the friends I have made through it are loyal and true and I think they are all terrific.
5 Fascinating Facts About Krys:
1. I cannot stand raw tomatoes. Cooked tomatoes are fine, ketchup, salsa, marinara are great. Raw tomatoes make me gag.
2. I love being a mum. It is the greatest. I wake up everyday so happy to see my two cute little men.
3. My socks have to match. Seriously. If I have a pair of black socks, they have to be a matching pair, they cannot have different ribbing or seams. My husband thinks I am silly and he says if they are black they match. I disagree. I know it is neurotic but that’s just me.
4. The first dog I ever had as an adult was a Pitbull Terrier. I know people have a fear of them. They are very loyal and loving dogs and people abuse their loyalty, that is why they attack. I go by the saying “Blame the deed, not the breed”. I have talked to many veterinarians and they agree with me, they say they are excellent dogs and with any dog, it is how you treat them. You can make a Chihuahua mean. I think I will always own a Pitbull mix.
5. If I could move anywhere, I would move to Scotland. I would move there in a second. We were married in Scotland and I love it. It is such a beautiful country and the people are so nice.
Now for our March Stitch-Along! Most of you are probably familiar with Hilary Lang’s fabulous blog Wee Wonderfuls. Her projects are fresh and lovely, and she has a fun Wee Wonderfuls Shop where you can purchase patterns and more (like this cute little butterfly).
This is an easy and quick project, perfect for beginners who would like to make a softie, but don’t know where to start. Just click on the above image & download and print the free pattern and you’ll be on your way to creating a cute little bunny and bear to give as gifts or to keep for yourself!
If you’re new to embroidery, you can check out this post for some beginners tips, or do a little google search and you’ll have lots of great pointers to get you started. If you don’t have a transfer pencil (like me) you can just use the handy window technique shown here, it’ll be just fine!
At the end of the month we’ll have an informal little round-up to see what you’ve made! Have a creative week, and be sure to check in with the other Wipsters and our W.I.P. Wednesday Flickr Group for more inspiration!